- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
From Liandri Archives
The nomadic peoples of the Acidus Desert used to consider these lands an oasis. After the Great Awakening, Necris moved into the region and began to convert the area and its people. It now sits abandoned, the landscape forever changed.
|Music||RomNecris01 (mix A)|
|Game||Unreal Tournament 3|
|Gametype||Vehicle Capture the Flag|
Sandstorm is an axially symmetrical U-shaped map with a large wall structure that seams to be a part of the ruin of an aqueduct that separates the two main areas. There are two ways through it, of which only the northern passage is accessible by any vehicles and on foot. But you can also climb on top of the structure using the elevators on the north site or the large stair case in the middle, that can be used by a Scavenger or a player using Jump Boots.
In the middle of the map there are a few terraces which can be climbed by the Darkwalker, Scavenger, Viper or with the Jump Boots to reach the top of the aqueduct. Other ways to the top are the two smaller and one larger lifts in the northern passage way. Although only activated by players on foot, the larger lift is big enough to transport a vehicle. A Scavenger can also climb up the larger lift's shaft.
Like the name suggests, a sand storm regularly sweeps over the map, greatly impairing vision.
|Shock Rifle||2||8||1-4 near each Darkwalker spawn.|
|Link Gun||In Weapon Lockers near the player spawn areas.|
|Stinger Minigun||3||2|| 1 in the northern passage way.|
1 on the upper walkway in each base.
Additionally, it can be found in Weapon Lockers near the player spawn areas.
|Flak Cannon||2||6||1-3 in a building in the center of each side.|
|Rocket Launcher||2|| On the Red Team's Fury "airfield"|
In Weapon Lockers near the player spawn areas.
|AVRiL||4||-||1 in the upper floor of the four Sniper/AVRiL towers.|
|Sniper Rifle||4||8||1-2 on the ground floors of the four Sniper/AVRiL towers.|
|Redeemer||1||-||In an alcove in the southern passage way, which is also reachable through a hole from the top of the separating wall.|
|Deployables||1||-||Spidermine Trap in the northern passage way.|
|Big Keg O' Health||1||In the middle of the northern passage way.|
|Thighpads||2||At the north of each northern Sniper/AVRiL tower.|
|Armor||2||At the north of each Fury "airfield".|
|Jump Boots||2||In front of each of the central buildings with the Flak Cannon.|
|Berserk||2||On each of the northern Sniper Rifle/AVRiL towers.|
|Viper||2||At the south of each flag base.|
|Fury||2||On an open area between the flag building, the southern sniper/AVRiL tower and the inner-most of the southern buildings.|
|Nemesis||2||Between the Darkwalker ruin and the Flak Cannon building.|
|Scavenger||2||Near the outer-most southern spawn area on each side.|
|Darkwalker||2||In the ruins on the east and west sides.|
Tips & tricks
- Right before the sandstorm hits, you can see it coming from the south. Also, you can hear the wind getting louder. This is the perfect time for grabbing the enemy flag, taking advantage of the enemy's limited vision.
- The flag carrier can escape through the southern passage way if he or she has Jump Boots, which is a big advantage. To do that, he or she has to do a dodge jump with the Jump Boots from the edge of the small tower near the passage. This works easily on both sides on the map. Additionally there's a rock on the red side, where you can also jump onto with the help of Jump Boots, but this requires two jumps to do so instead of one and isn't as fast as the jump from the tower.
- The large lift in the northern passage way can be used to bring a Nemesis to the top of the aqueduct. All other ground vehicles should use the side terraces, though.
- There's a Berserk power-up on each of the northern sniper/AVRiL towers. Use the Jump Boots to reach it via a lift jump or just land on the tower with the Fury.
Our plans for a covert insertion went up in flames the same time our ship did. They probably saw that contrail a hundred miles away. We can expect necris scouts at the crash site any minute, but there's a huge sandstorm on the way that should cover our movement.
- Disable the enemy Respawner by removing its FLaGs.
- Use the cover provided by sandstorms to mask your attempts at FLaG recovery.
(At the beginning of the match)
(First sandstorm hits)
Bishop: And there came a storm of sand...
(Third sandstorm hits)