- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
Difference between revisions of "Weapon comparison"
From Liandri Archives
m (→Unreal Tournament 3)
Latest revision as of 03:49, 25 August 2011
Unreal Tournament 2004
A second here means a real-time second at 100% game speed, which corresponds to 1.1 game-time seconds. In case of radius damage, only the damage amount at the center of the explosion is considered. Damage against vehicles generally also applies to damage against destroyable objectives including Onslaught power nodes and cores. Note, however, that a larger explosion radius can hit the base and top part of power nodes separately, thus causing more damage than mentioned here. Common candidates are the Redeemer, the Ion/Target painter and Shock/Skymine combos. The Redeemer only destroys power nodes (2000 hit points) with a single hit because it applies damage to both parts of the node. Similarly shock combos will do more damage to a node if detonated in the middle between the node parts.
|Weapon (Mode)||Shots/s||Charge Time||Min. Dam (Player)||Max. Dam (Player)||Avg. Dam (Player)||Min. Dam/s (Player)||Max. Dam/s (Player)||Avg. Dam/s (Player)||Min. Dam (Vehicle)||Max. Dam (Vehicle)||Avg. Dam (Vehicle)||Min. Dam/s (Vehicle)||Max. Dam/s (Vehicle)||Avg. Dam/s (Vehicle)|
|Shield Gun ||1.83||0.90 s||40||150||95||73.33||103.12||88.22||40||150||95||73.33||103.12||88.22|
|Assault Rifle (dual)||12.5||7||7||7||87.5||87.5||87.5||4||4||4||50||50||50|
|Assault Rifle (grenade) ||1.1||0.90 s||70||70||70||38.5||77||57.75||70||70||70||38.5||77||57.75|
|Bio Rifle (charged) ||3.33||2.04 s||39||210||124.5||89.53||130||109.76||39||210||124.5||89.53||130||109.76|
|Shock Rifle (beam)||1.57||45||45||45||70.71||70.71||70.71||38||38||38||59.71||59.71||59.71|
|Shock Rifle (projectile)||1.83||45||45||45||82.49||82.49||82.49||45||45||45||82.49||82.49||82.49|
|Shock Rifle (combo) ||0.84||200||200||200||169.23||169.23||169.23||200||200||200||169.23||169.23||169.23|
|Link Gun (projectile) ||5.5||30||30||30||165||165||165||20||20||20||110||110||110|
|Link Gun (beam) ||9.16||9||9||9||82.5||82.5||82.5||9||9||9||82.5||82.5||82.5|
|Flak Cannon (primary) ||1.22||5||117||45||6.14||143.84||55.32||5||117||45||6.14||143.84||55.32|
|Flak Cannon (secondary) ||1||90||168||129||90||168||129||90||168||129||90||168||129|
|Grenade Launcher ||0.66||4.13 s||100||800||450||66.66||141.93||104.30||100||800||450||66.66||141.93||104.30|
|Rocket Launcher (single)||1.22||90||90||90||110||110||110||90||90||90||110||110||110|
|Rocket Launcher (multi) ||1.15||1.72 s||90||270||180||104.21||104.21||104.21||90||270||180||104.21||104.21||104.21|
|Lightning Gun ||0.68||70||140||105||48.12||96.25||72.18||59||59||59||40.56||40.56||40.56|
|Ion Painter ||0.61||900||900||900||550||550||550||900||900||900||550||550||550|
|Target Painter ||0.61||1200||1500||1350||733.33||916.66||825||1200||1500||1350||733.33||916.66||825|
|Scorpion ||1.1||1.81 s||65||455||325||166.83||214.5||190.66||65||455||325||166.83||214.5||190.66|
|Hellbender/SPMA Side Turret (projectile)||2.75||25||25||25||68.75||68.75||68.75||25||25||25||68.75||68.75||68.75|
|Hellbender/SPMA Side Turret (beam)||1.46||25||25||25||36.66||36.66||36.66||25||25||25||36.66||36.66||36.66|
|Hellbender/SPMA Side Turret (combo) ||0.95||200||200||200||191.30||191.30||191.30||150||150||150||143.47||143.47||143.47|
|Hellbender Rear Turret ||1.46||2.27 s||30||200||115||44.00||67.69||55.84||30||200||115||44.00||67.69||55.84|
|Goliath Minigun Turret||11||17||17||17||187||187||187||6||6||6||66||66||66|
|Cicada (dual shot)||2.2||50||100||75||110||220||165||50||100||75||110||220||165|
|Cicada (load-up) ||2.55||5.86 s||50||800||425||127.90||127.90||127.90||50||800||425||127.90||127.90||127.90|
|Ion Plasma Tank||0.31||900||900||900||282.85||282.85||282.85||1800||1800||1800||565.71||565.71||565.71|
|Link Turret (projectile)||3.14||75||75||75||235.71||235.71||235.71||75||75||75||235.71||235.71||235.71|
|Link Turret (beam)||9.16||15||15||15||137.5||137.5||137.5||37||37||37||339.16||339.16||339.16|
|Ion Cannon Turret||0.13||900||900||900||123.75||123.75||123.75||1800||1800||1800||247.5||247.5||247.5|
Unreal Tournament 3
A second here means a real-time second at 100% game speed, which corresponds to 1.1 game-time seconds. In case of radius damage, only the damage amount at the center of the explosion is considered.
- P = player on foot or Hoverboard
- V = vehicle or turret
- O = objective, e.g. power cores (5000 health), power node (2000 health) or barricades (1000 health, only special weapons can actually damage barricades)
|Weapon (Mode)||Shots/s||Charge Time|| Min. Dam
| Max. Dam
| Avg. Dam
| Min. Dam/s
| Max. Dam/s
| Avg. Dam/s
| Min. Dam
| Max. Dam
| Avg. Dam
| Min. Dam/s
| Max. Dam/s
| Avg. Dam/s
| Min. Dam
| Max. Dam
| Avg. Dam
| Min. Dam/s
| Max. Dam/s
| Avg. Dam/s|
|Impact Hammer (primary)||1||2.27 s||20||140||80||20||42.77||31.38||4||28||16||4||8.55||6.27||20||140||80||20||42.77||31.38|
|Impact Hammer (secondary) ||1||2.27 s||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||150||75||0||45.83||22.91||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Dual Enforcers (primary)||6.11||20||20||20||122.22||122.22||122.22||6||6||6||36.66||36.66||36.66||10||10||10||61.11||61.11||61.11|
|Dual Enforcers (secondary)||0.53||20||120||70||10.73||64.39||37.56||6||36||21||3.21||19.31||11.26||10||60||35||5.36||32.19||18.78|
|Bio Rifle (primary)||3.14||21||21||21||65.99||65.99||65.99||16||16||16||50.28||50.28||50.28||21||21||21||65.99||65.99||65.99|
|Bio Rifle (secondary) ||3.14||2.86 s||21||210||115.5||65.99||66||66||16||168||92||50.28||52.8||51.54||21||210||115.5||65.99||66||66|
|Shock Rifle (primary)||1.46||45||45||45||66.00||66.00||66.00||31||31||31||45.46||45.46||45.46||36||36||36||52.80||52.80||52.80|
|Shock Rifle (secondary)||1.83||55||55||55||100.83||100.83||100.83||44||44||44||80.66||80.66||80.66||55||55||55||100.83||100.83||100.83|
|Shock Rifle (combo)||0.84||215||215||215||181.92||181.92||181.92||172||172||172||145.53||145.53||145.53||215||215||215||181.92||181.92||181.92|
|Link Gun (primary)||6.87||45||45||45||309.37||309.37||309.37||27||27||27||185.62||185.62||185.62||36||36||36||247.5||247.5||247.5|
|Link Gun (secondary)||22||5||5||5||110||110||110||4||4||4||88||88||88||5||5||5||110||110||110|
|Stinger Minigun (primary)||11||14||14||14||154||154||154||8||8||8||88||88||88||8||8||8||88||88||88|
|Stinger Minigun (secondary)||3.92||38||38||38||149.28||149.28||149.28||22||22||22||86.42||86.42||86.42||22||22||22||86.42||86.42||86.42|
|Flak Cannon (primary) ||1||13||202||107.5||13||202||107.5||10||161||85.5||10||161||85.5||13||202||107.5||13||202||107.5|
|Flak Cannon (secondary) ||1||100||190||145||100||190||145||80||152||116||80||152||116||100||190||145||100||190||145|
|Rocket Launcher (primary)||1.1||100||100||100||110||110||110||80||80||80||88||88||88||110||110||110||121||121||121|
|Rocket Launcher (secondary)||1.04||1.90 s||100||300||200||104.76||104.76||104.76||80||240||160||83.80||83.80||83.80||110||330||220||115.23||115.23||115.23|
|Shaped Charge ||4.4||1200||1200||1200||5280||5280||5280||1200||1200||1200||5280||5280||5280||1200||1200||1200||5280||5280||5280|
|Spidermine Trap ||0.73||12.27 s||95||1425||760||69.66||104.5||87.08||95||1425||760||69.66||104.5||87.08||95||1425||760||69.66||104.5||87.08|
- Not charging actually results in the higher damage output per second than fully charging. Destroyable objectives cannot be damaged with the Shield Gun because they count as walls, causing damage to the attacker instead.
- Charging only increases range. Maximum charge basically reduces fire rate and damage/sec by 50%.
- For every ammo point consumed, damage increases by 19 points, assuming a base damage of 20 for no ammo. Not charging actually results in the higher damage output per second than fully charging.
- Shoot a shock projectile with a shock beam. A combo requires 5 ammo in total.
- Consumes 2 ammo per shot. Damage per shot and per second is multiplied by 1 plus the number of linking players, essentially concentrating all players' fire power in a single player's shots.
- Each linking player adds 1.5 times the base damage and increases the beam range.
- Flak primary fires 9 projectiles. Each chunk does 13 damage during its first second of life, then damage linearly decays by 5 per second, with the minimum of 5 points reached after 0.1 seconds before the chunk ceases to exist. Then again, you should probably question your choice of weapons if the chunks need to travel over a second to their target, so only short-range hits are considered here.
- The Flak shell releases 6 chunks in relatively random directions, but in the general direction of its movement at impact time.
- Grenades don't usually explode on their own, so shots per second here includes the time to fire and detonate a grenade, while the charge time is the time required to fire the other 7 grenades before detonating. Because it takes more time to detonate than to fire a grenade, the best damage per second is achieved by firing the maximum possible number of grenades before detonating.
- Charge time refers to the time required for loading rockets 2 and 3. If you don't release the fire button, the rockets are only automatically fired after 2.09 seconds. The multi rocket mode is only useful for delivering maximum damage in a single shot. The better damage per time ratio is achieved by the single rocket mode.
- Yes, the AVRiL's damage per second figures are correct - it's only good at dealing out large amounts of damage with a single blow, while its reload delay significantly limits the long-term damage output. Use it as finisher if the vehicle already is below 200 hit points. Use smoke and fire on a vehicle as indicator as they signal 50% and 25% hit points respectively: A burning Goliath won't survive a hit, while a smoking Goliath still needs two hits.
- The Lightning Gun actually emits 3 short lightning bolts in random directions from where the main lightning hits. These do 35 damage each and can't hit the same target as the main lightning. These additional hits are almost impossible to use intentionally, so they are not considered here.
- Shots and damage per second is a theoretical value as you will only ever have a single shot.
- The Ion Painter switches away after marking a target, so all timings and damages per second are theoretical values. In practice you will first have to switch back to the painter before marking a new target. The shots per second include the time you need to point at the target.
- The Target Painter switches away after marking a target, so shots per second is a theoretical value. Additionally, the time it takes for the bomber to arrive and bombing precision may vary. The shots per second include the time you need to point at the target. Bombs do up to 1200 damage each, if the bomber is shot down, it can explode for up to 1500 damage.
- The Scorpion fires bolas with 3 (min. charge) to 7 (max. charge) segments, each capable of doing 65 damage. The best damage per time is actually achieved by not charging the weapon at all.
- Values are for one projectile and the beam. Usually you will fire several projectiles and take advantage of their chain reaction, which can increase the damage against a single target, but of course takes a bit more time to execute.
- Unlike many other chargeable weapons, the Hellbender Read Turret actually has a higher damage per time if fired right after reaching maximum charge.
- Each individual projectile does 250 damage, including the camera shell and the primary shell before it breaks up.
- Loading up rockets doesn't improve the damage per time, but as long as you always release right after loading up, it doesn't hurt either as the damage per second for a full load is about as good as single shot. The only thing you really shouldn't do is firing right before one of the first rockets is being loaded as that wastes most time.
- Hitting players with the secondary mode of the Impact Hammer causes them to drop their Shield Belt and any other powerups they have. This is the only real threat to a player with Invulnerability.
- Charging effectively achieves the same amount of damage in the same time and using the same amount of ammo, compared to single shot mode. (At least if you release immediately.) Charged globs hitting a player will stick and continuously apply its damage until either the chagre is used up or the player is dead. If any charge is left after the player died, a fixed 180 damage radius is applied.
- Each of the 9 shards can do up to 18 points of damage, but there's an additional bonus of up to 40 points of damage for hitting the opponent from point blank range.
- Unless a vehicle is hit, the shell spawns 5 shards on impact, but those are unlikely to hit the same object as the shell.
- Can damage barricades.
- Shots per second actually refers to the trap releasing spidermines. Each trap contains 15 mines.