- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
From Liandri Archives
Wouldn't it be better to switch em over and have the UT roster up before the UT2004 one? I wanted to determine before switching. Mastame 09:36, 6 August 2007 (EDT)
I believe since that is the precedent we have set on other pages, it should be in the order that the game were released, or, alternatively, in the order they were released grouped by title (Unreal, Unreal 2, UT, 2k3, 2k4, UC, UC2)... you get the idea. --Sir Brizz 11:24, 6 August 2007 (EDT)
So.. going by that, the UT roster should then be first here right? Mastame 15:43, 6 August 2007 (EDT)
- Yep. I agree; it only makes sense. I went ahead and did it just now. Retodon8 13:58, 7 August 2007 (EDT)
Xan - Mark II
Xan appeared twice in UT, the original one and as Xan - Mark II. How should Mk 2 be added to the article? I currently think he should be added as a seperate character, since he is from all but a story perspective. Of course text should be added to clarify.
- Xan Mark II should be basically considered a rebuilt Xan. He got some upgrades from the original (Both in game terms as well as technologically - he, along with Warboss, have higher polycounts and skeletal animation as opposed to vertex animation like other player models) but is still the same character, and is Canon, as UT2004's Xan is, if you look at his skin, Xan Mark III. Presumably UT3's will be Xan Mark IV. --Dark Pulse 00:05, 5 September 2007 (EDT)
- Yup, that's what I said. :) He's the same character according to the storyline, but he is a different model/skin, has a different description, appears as a different character in the selection screen, so technically (from a real life perspective) he's a different character. Does this warrant a loose team member slot in the article? I think it does, but I'd like some other opinions. You never answered that question. :) Retodon8 09:15, 5 September 2007 (EDT)
- Well, Nova could be considered Xan's spiritual Successor as he looks similar to the UT2k4 Xan. I almost always play as Xan, Matrix or Nova (UT, UT2004, UT3) Prycol 06:04, 19 November 2009 (EST)
While I'm asking, what about the Nali and Nali WarCow? They don't really make much sense, but the bonus pack of course is canon, so they deserve an article. Maybe the two should be grouped together? Actually maybe the WarBoss should also be added as well, all those characters entered into a "Teamless UT players" article, albeit with a better name of course. :) Is there a proper name for this in the world of sports maybe? In my opinion it would be better to group the characters, because loose articles would probably remain tiny forever, since I don't expect Nali or Nali Cows to reappear, being more of a "fun" kind of thing. The WarBoss just may, but I'm not so sure. Maybe he could be added to The Corrupt? I don't think his story supports it, but I'll look it up. So... opinions? Retodon8 15:02, 4 September 2007 (EDT)
- Here's the entries for those three, straight from the Bonus Pack 1 and 4 Readme files:
- Xan Mark II - After his defeat in the Tournament, Xan has been rebuilt from the ground up. He's stronger, faster, and a hell of a lot meaner looking.
- WarBoss - Liandri researchers have been experimenting with recently uncovered Skaarj technology and have been implementing their results in a new model. Dubbed "Warboss," he's the fastest and most agile robot ever produced.
- Nali - The Nali race has been long enslaved and dominated by the Skaarj. A newly formed Nali faction has repented their pacifist ways and has rebelled against the Skaarj, and they’re ready to prove their combat skills in the Tournament.
- Nali WarCow - When the militant Nali were driven from their homeworld they brought the only domesticated beast they knew of - their local livestock. By using Pavlovian techniques and heavy cerebral modification they are training their cattle to fight instead of graze.
- So there you go. Warboss, while not Corrupt, is a Liandri robot, the Nali are basically a rebel faction (But are unnamed, note), and the Warcows basically got trained to fight by those. Cool stuff. --Dark Pulse 00:05, 5 September 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks, I didn't get around to look that up yet. So do you think we should add the whole bunch to one article, or give every character its own? I say "character" because Xan isn't really a team, although he did come with 2 skins I believe. Same for WarBoss. Only the Nali and and Cows are referred to as a team. It's probably best to get some opinions before doing 1/multiple article(s). Retodon8 09:15, 5 September 2007 (EDT)
A very short question, currently the description says he prefers the shock rifle, while the picture says No preference. Is it really like that or someone forgot to add the preference? --GreatEmerald 16:12, 13 June 2008 (EDT)
Fixed! Prycol 06:37, 10 December 2009 (EST)