- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
From Liandri Archives
A headshot occurs when an enemy is shot in the head with certain weapons. A headshot does far more damage than the weapon would normally do, and in most cases is fatal, or at least severely damaging. Even if the shot is not fatal, a headshot is likely to make an opponent immediately rethink his or her strategy and seek health and armor, so it can still be a great psychological weapon even if it fails to kill the enemy.
As with all damage, any damage from a headshot will be divided between health and armor as appropriate. A Shield Belt will eat most or all of the headshot damage, and in UT3 a helmet will protect a character from a headshot while it lasts.
Headshot Values in Different Games
Different weapons provide different amounts of damage for a headshot. These are listed below as follows:
- The Ripper causes 157 damage.
- The Sniper Rifle causes 150 damage.
- The Chainsaw causes an unknown amount of damage, but it can cause headshots with the altfire swing.
Unreal Tournament 2003/2004
- The Sniper Rifle causes 120 damage with a headshot. (UT2004 only)
- The Lightning Gun causes 140 damage with a headshot.
Unreal Tournament 3
- The Sniper Rifle causes 130 damage with a headshot.
Unreal Championship 2
While the damage caused by the RipJack is unknown, the Sniper Rifle will kill instantly, shield belt or no shield belt.