- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
Talk:Liandri Grand Tournament
From Liandri Archives
LGT or GLT?
Hmmm... I thought I was sure, but now I am having many doubts again. :( What is the official name: "Liandri Grand Tournament" or "Grand Liandri Tournament"? The original UT intro just refers to "a grand tournament", but UC2 uses the thing's full name; either LGT or GLT. It's a better idea to use the full name rather than "Unreal Tournament (Tournament)" to disambiguate from the game if you ask me. :) ...even if it was only fully named in one game so far. Still, we need to get the name exactly right. Please help! Feel free to move the article! Thanks a bunch! Retodon8 17:12, 10 August 2007 (EDT)
You have it right. It's called the "Grand Tournament" and sponsored by Liandri. --Sir Brizz 18:30, 10 August 2007 (EDT)
Questions for QJohnnyp
QJohnnyp, what is your source for that "year 2315" thing? I wasn't able to find anything (yet) myself. If possible, please link if it's not linked already. Otherwise I'd love to just hear where it's mentioned/written/shown. :)
Also, why did you remove the word "newcomer"? It's Anubis's first Tournament. It's even literally said here. Anubis does also say he "left the Tournament", which conflicts with the other notion that he never even started. Retodon8 16:49, 15 August 2007 (EDT)
- It's just my take on this subject, nothing official. Take a look at this: 
- Malcolm's age in UC2 is 54 and 42 in UT2004. So it's 12 years after the 2303 tournament. Same works for Sapphire who is 27 in UT2004 and 39 in UC2. In case of Gorge, it would be 2310 and 2318 in case of Arclite. I take it Malcolm is the most important character, we don't want his back to be broken too soon, so I think 2315 should be taken as the year of UC2 taking place. We can always make it 2310-2318 but those are Jugs :P noone can take them seriously.
- And that second question... Watch the full storyline movies from UC2 and read the bios I provided. It's said that Anubis did leave the non-Liandri sponsored ascention rites even though he was favored. So he was not a newcomer in the rites. BUT yes, he was a n00b at Liandri style Tournaments.
- In both cases it's your choice to undo my changes. I won't complain. --QJohnnyp 20:06, 15 August 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks for the link. However, it states "Anubis left on the eve of the competition.", which I think means "right before it started", meaning he didn't actually compete at all, which is what I was saying. I suppose he was entered, meaning his name was written down in the roster and everything, and then left. The verb "to leave" in that case applies even if he never did fight. (That bothered me in my first post up there.) You actually helped enforce my beliefs over yours with that link; sorry! :)
- As for characters ages, those are only minor details in the storyline, probably didn't deserve much of Epic's attention when they were making the games, meaning they are about the most dodgy source of information you could use to try and reconstruct the timeline. I'd much rather have the whole age thing fit perfectly with the other dates, but it seems there are a number of anachronisms introduced if you take them into account. :(
- This article is about Liandri's tournaments, not the Ascension Rites, so the word "newcomer" does apply in this article. I thought about that when I wrote it. :)
- Anyway, I think the year thing has been reverted already, and I won't re-add the "newcomer". Somebody else can do that, depending on their views. :) Retodon8 08:10, 16 August 2007 (EDT)
- Go my small brain. The year is still there. You might wanna edit that newcomer thing, the date is still subject to discussion. --QJohnnyp 08:31, 16 August 2007 (EDT)
Lauren as champion?
This has to be proof that UC2 takes place awhile after UT2003, at the very least... but not too long after. Unfortunately, with some of the UC2 statements placing Selket's age as of UT2004 sometime in the future, the whole "when" of Lauren's championship may never be clear.
Then again, neither is whether UT and UC take place in the same universe, or if they are parallel. If that's the case, then that'd be about the only way this could make sense... unless Lauren won UT2004 in 2303.--Dark Pulse 21:35, 5 September 2007 (EDT)
UT and UC2 are in the same universe. Jim Brown verified that on the UTforums. I don't think that it has been said anywhere that Lauren was a champion, though? Anyone have backup for that? --Sir Brizz 01:25, 7 September 2007 (EDT)
Apparently, it's in her UC2 Profile. See Lauren for that Bio. (If you'll notice, my previous edits here asked where that was found, and then when I read it, I edited it to my current question. :p) --Dark Pulse 02:04, 7 September 2007 (EDT)
Ah, gotcha. I guess I overlooked that twice. Anyway, I'm guessing she was a champion before she died based on the way that it is worded. --Sir Brizz 12:19, 7 September 2007 (EDT)
Where is the year 2302 mentioned in UC2? UC2 is officially in the future, as is UC1 (around 2320), so how come can 2302 be mentioned there? Probably a typo? --GreatEmerald 14:26, 24 May 2009 (EDT)