- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
From Liandri Archives
Metal of Iron Guard?
Only after writing this article (well, looking up stuff, cutting, copying, and pasting it really) I notice an inconsistancy. Basically I'm not sure Barktooth and Karag are Metal Guard or Iron Guard (or maybe divided among both teams?). BeyondUnreal seems to believe (have believed) they are both Metal Guard, and I've always thought so myself. Although their designs deviated quite a bit from UT's Metal Guard, the whole mask theme doesn't fit with Iron at all, and the overall look doesn't really either. Actually the only reason I'm confused now is that in Karag's description it says "Iron Guard"... which I think is just a mistake by Epic. Did this ever come up before, when the bonus pack was just released maybe? Was this ever cleared up? (I just noticed Karag was recently added to Iron Guard as well, so I'll add a link here on that Talk page.)
- It might indeed be a screwup, but we have to take it at face value, I think. If UT3 comes around and they're both in, yeah, we can assume it's a screwup, but for now, it says Iron Guard - so I think we should put him there. --Dark Pulse 22:50, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
please note that:
Barktooth made his first appearance in UT DM Single Player Ladder. Bot Classifications=Psychotic
"Barktooth is a madman. Screaming with berserk rage, he would rather rip an opponent to shreds with his bare hands than fight from afar. When forced to use a gun, he favors the Flak Cannon's close range stopping power."
source: UT Single Player Ladder DM-Liandri
"Barktooth just can't be put down. His brute force tactics and disregard for his own well being have paid off as he moves even higher in the tournament ladder."
source: UT Single Player Ladder DM-Conveyor
his player model in UT Single Player Ladder is Botpack.TMale2Bot,SoldierSkins.Gard,SoldierSkins.Drake. from his skin i think he should be in Metal Guard instead of Iron Guard. --Pwyzpk 11:02, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
- We're talking about where the UT2004 versions of Barktooth and Karag fit in, Pwyzpk, not where they go in the original UT. --Dark Pulse 20:01, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
Just keep'em here. They have Metal Guard gear. That is propably a typo. --QJohnnyp 09:09, 19 August 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks a bunch Pwyzpk, that settles it! Well, Dark Pulse still disagrees... But really, characters don't regularly switch teams, so UT really is important! The skin looks different from UT, but much, much more different from either Iron Guard version. Mistakes like that (mis-naming) are easily made. They even missed an L in Malcolm originally! (Assuming that was a mistake, but even if it wasn't, it's a naming inconsistancy.) Retodon8 16:53, 19 August 2007 (EDT)
- Hey hey! Barktooth's in Iron Guard of UT3! That possibly means he switched teams! But I wonder how Slain switched teams, he created Raw Steel... Maybe it's Slain #2? --GreatEmerald 16:59, 21 May 2008 (EDT)
- Entirely possible, but also unconfirmed. We're not sure if it's the same one or a different one with the same name, and there's no real good way to confirm it one way or the other. Based on Epic's track record though (and, looking back, being proven right... heh :) ) I'd say it's fairly likely he switched... but again, we can't confirm or deny it, so we must assume it's someone else until proven one way or the other. --Dark Pulse 06:18, 22 May 2008 (EDT)
- Hmm, anyone care to ask Epic? :) --GreatEmerald 09:02, 22 May 2008 (EDT)
- In his claasification in UT 2004, he is classified as a mercenary. The only team made out of mercenaries in Iron Guard. Doesn't that make sense? --Lhikaner 19:41, 5 June 2008 (EDT)
- Yea, well I think we should move those two to Iron Guard and note that they switched teams. --GreatEmerald 06:59, 6 June 2008 (EDT)
- Karag was always on Iron Guard, because he was in UT --Lhikaner 11:04, 10 June 2008 (EDT)
The Metal Guard skins aren't automatically installed with Unreal Tournament ?
I think that's not true. I believe I had them in my GOTYE install from the start. The other thing is that as far as I remember it's not possible to be a member of Metal Guard during the singleplayer Tournament ladder matches... Glider of chaos 08:56, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- I'm relatively sure it's correct for the original UT. Maybe it's different with the GOTY, which contains stuff from later bonus content, like the latest patch pre-installed. I got the original UT and Unreal Anthology, and I don't think either gave me Metal Guard installed... still need to look into this. I definitely didn't get WarBoss... need to look into that too. :) Retodon8 20:09, 31 August 2007 (EDT)
- Unreal Anthology is basically GOTY Pre-Patched to 436... but I don't believe it includes BP4, which has Xan Mk 2 and Warboss, so it's not surprising you didn't have that. What WOULD be surprising is it not installing Metal Guard skins... as the only version of UT I've ever installed is GOTY, I can't speak for earlier versions, but I'm about 95% sure that as of GOTY, Metal Guard skins get installed. --Dark Pulse 00:54, 1 September 2007 (EDT)
- Speaking of Xan I'm pretty sure his skin is installed from the very start but unavailable until you beat the game (or change ini file to simulate it) Glider of chaos 02:26, 3 September 2007 (EDT)
- Reply to Glider: No, you can't pick Metal Guard, and I'm convinced because it was an optional skin in the original UT. And yes, Xan is always there but needs to be unlocked through finishing or file editing. Reply to Dark Pulse: Confirmed. :) Metal Guard does come with the Anthology, but BP4 characters (assuming all content) don't. So MG were optional in UT, but "automatic" in GOTY and Anthology. Retodon8 09:03, 5 September 2007 (EDT)