- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
Talk:Planets in the Unreal Universe
From Liandri Archives
This is a rough page at the moment. I'm not if this is the best way to do this. I felt it nessicary to have a page that listed every known planet in the Unreal Universe. To that effect, I've included everyone I could find. Some of them are only briefly mentioned in chracter backrgrounds however. Suggestions??!!! Gregori
This is fine so far. It should probably be refined to some degree, but that cen be done later on. --Sir Brizz 11:13, 24 July 2007 (EDT)
It seems to me that this page should be dedicated to planets that actually exist. I've changed many of the entries under the "Unreal Tournament" section, because they were simply the name of a map with "world" tagged on at the end, or something similar. Also, "The Coret Moon" isn't a planet, its a map that's set on a moon orbiting the planet "Coret"
Several planets occur more than once in the series. How will these be handled -- show them once on their first appearance, or show them every appearance? Gryph 23:09, 24 July 2007 (EDT)
I suppose enter the planet name under every heading if it occurs in multiples. I must ask though Gryph, were did you get some of those planets under Unreal 2 from?, I've never seen them before!
- Please sign your comments with four tildes (~) in the future. Anyway, which planets in particular are you asking about? We can answer better that way. Gnomre 23:30, 24 July 2007 (EDT)
The Lava Giant is set on some unnamed planet, so are EternalCave/Olden (but they do exist). Koos World is a planet too. I think they are totally worth mentioning. Gregori
- Can you confirm where Koos World is mentioned? I was going to add it, but couldn't remember where it was from. Gryph 23:32, 24 July 2007 (EDT)
Dawn, Quantico, Quintana, Santan's Furnace? Koos World is mentioned in the Bios for the map DM-Gallleon.Its set on this Ocean world. Gregori 4:59, 25 July 2007 (GMT)
- Several of the odd U2 planets are from a starmap texture Gnomre found. We'll upload it as soon as we find it. Though this kind of addition does assume a very low standard of notability, since there's no description on it at all, just a name. Gryph 00:14, 25 July 2007 (EDT)
This page needs a lot more referencing sources on it, IMO. We don't want people just adding planet names willy nilly. --Sir Brizz 00:02, 25 July 2007 (EDT)
Well, I can source reference the planets I've mentioned by adding the original text in the player/map bios I found them in and linking to those maps/characters on this site. Gregori 16:25, 25 July 2007 (GMT)
- That would be fine. --Sir Brizz 11:44, 25 July 2007 (EDT)
Most planets probably d/won't appear in multiple games, so I agree about sorting by game, especially since most people (?) will probably be looking for a game-specific planets.
Maybe it would be good to have two sections, at the bottom a list of all minor planets which shouldn't be linked since there's not much to tell about them anyway, but which should have a short description with whatever's available, like "Appears in DM-Something and AS-Else.". It should start with all the important planets however, which do have links to their respective articles with the complete information. For instance Na Pali's has lots of info that does deserve its own article. (Is it named after Nā Pali Coast State Park btw?) That's my suggestion. Comments? Retodon8 08:25, 8 August 2007 (EDT)
We definitely don't need to give planets that don't have more than a one sentence mention in any game a lot of space. I think you're idea is a good one, let's break the page up into games where the planets are mentioned, and then have each game section have a subsection called "Minor Planets" that only lists the planets that don't get much mention. Additionally, we should probably only create individual pages for planets that actually have enough information to warrant that. Probably 99% of the planets should just be described on this page. --Sir Brizz 17:45, 8 August 2007 (EDT)
Purgatory / Abbadon?
Why is this planet given two names? Is it incontrovertibly proven that this is the exact same planet? --Dark Pulse 16:57, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
- I tried to work that out ages ago, and I think I found that Abbadon is the original (I guess) name used in UC, and Purgatory is the name used in UT2003. As I said, looked it up ages ago, so I don't remember for sure if that's really the case. Retodon8 17:24, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
Conflict between UT2004 and Unreal 2. --Sir Brizz 20:55, 15 September 2007 (EDT)
- It's possible they're different planets with the same name, or are the same planet, but no concrete evidence is given. --Dark Pulse 18:38, 16 September 2007 (EDT)
- Would it be best if UC and UT2003/2004 be separated into different categories? Some of the homeworld descriptions sound like they are from the Unreal Championship manual vs the UT2004 team descriptions. Although some of them match. --Miko101 18:21, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
Is this really the name of a planet? --Sir Brizz 20:55, 15 September 2007 (EDT)