- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
From Liandri Archives
Some properties viewable from UnrealEd uses the word "Kraal" instead of "Krall". Is there any info about these names? I believe the Krall were originally called Kraal (double 'a' as in Skaarj), and that was the Skaarj name that was given to their slaves. But then someone from Epic decided that it didn't sound too good and changed it into Krall? GreatEmerald 2008-02-27T18:07:50
- "Kraalbolt", for instance? Texcarson 11:48, 27 February 2008 (EST)
- I always figured it's indeed just an old name for the Krall, and guessed Googling "Kraal Unreal" would be helpful, and I immediately found an article on Unreal's AI by Steven Polge, dated 1998-07-01. I suppose it's worth a mention in this article's Trivia section. Retodon8 14:13, 27 February 2008 (EST)
- Yes, this site  even gives a theory on why the name has changed! But I wonder if the black Krall in the Unreal Beta weren't the real Kraal? --GreatEmerald 11:27, 28 February 2008 (EST)
Now I wonder about their relationship with Skaarj and Izarians. My theory would be this: there are different clans of Skaarj in U1 and U2 (and probably UT2004). The first clan likes Krall for soldiers and have different social groups: warriors, Assasins, Infantry etc. while the 2nd clan likes Izarians and have only 3 classes. The UT2004 clan(s) is(are) very small and don't have any social groups (maybe only a Lord and others). So that means that Krall and Izarians are simply used by different clans and are both in the universe. Wonder what happens if you throw an Izarian and a Krall in one pit. Actually, I could check that out depending on their health, fire power and speed :) And what do you think?
Oh, and UT3 section needs updating, it still uses future tenses. --GreatEmerald 16:49, 21 May 2008 (EDT)
- That's purely conjecture as to which clan likes what - it's entirely possible that the Skaarj, which are a large empire, simply can't justify the cost to bring Krall in, and so chose Izarians. Plus they're really only seen for the first mission - I don't think you run into very many later on in the game, if you run into any at all, that is.
Agreed about the UT3 section though, I'll probably clean it up a bit (if it hasn't been already after I get through all the rest of the recent changes.) --Dark Pulse 06:09, 22 May 2008 (EDT)
- The fact is that there are different clans and the Skaarj have inter-clan wars. I don't see anything that would say that Krall have a higher cost... And Izarians are in both Sanctuary and Swamp, not later because they are not too strong and that Dalton leaves the Skaarj infested worlds. Although another likely idea is that Izarians might be Krall, just like gene-boosted or something, you can see something familiar in both of those (Staff, crook, movement etc.). And don't just say "No it's not possible" but state your full version :P --GreatEmerald 08:56, 22 May 2008 (EDT)