- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
Talk:Necris Black Legion
From Liandri Archives
I added UT2004's Necris to this article. I don't remember if they are technically Black Legion, but they are minor characters undeserving of their own team article, but they should be mentioned somewhere. (Actually I'm not even sure if they are introduced as a "team" or just individuals scouting the competition.) We still need to find an intro text for the team/"team" and the individual, classification (in their tables), and birth dates if available maybe? Retodon8 11:22, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
- The individuals added in ECE are the only true Necris in UT2004 I'm aware of. The Black Legion in 2k4 isn't the Necris Black Legion, but is rather composed of various human subspecies (Homo Sapiens Medusae, etc) and carried over from 2k3. And, well, 2k3 is 2k3. Gryph 14:26, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
- UT2004's Necris Character descriptions:
- Kragoth - After an absence of several years, the Necris are preparing a return to the Tournament. Known as the 'Star Slayer,' Kragoth is a dread Necris Phayder assassin. He is rumored to have single handedly killed the entire crew of an ICV Star Cruiser.
- Thannis - After an absence of several years, the Necris are preparing a return to the Tournament. Thannis is participating to scout the competition.
- This is indeed nice foreshadowing for UT3, huh? :)
- To answer the question though, no, the 2k4 Necris are not Black Legion - they might be Necris Black Legion though (Kragoth definitely is, since his description is nearly identical to the one in UT), but only time will tell. In 2k4, AFAIK, they're "unaffiliated".--Dark Pulse 16:20, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks for looking up the info, but I had already found and added it. I didn't think about writing about it here after that, sorry. :( The only things still missing (I think) are their weapon preferences.
- When I say "Black Legion", I was referring to the "NBL". (Actually I thought they were both called simply "BL" in the games, but someone added "N" here for the purpose of disambiguating, which I figured was a good idea.) It probably would've been better if Epic realised they'd already used that name. At least, I assume they didn't, because it's somewhat confusing now. I added them to the NBL because of (see above), for simplicity's sake, because like you said Kragoth is a returnee. Compare with Iron Guard and Mercenaries (and Brock and Lauren) which are equivalents, sort of. Kragoth probably still works for the Phayder in UT2004, so... it makes sense to me.
- (Edit inbetween: I just check in UT, and I was right, they are just called the "Black Legion", without the Necris. Both teams are identically named. Retodon8 11:01, 18 August 2007 (EDT))
- And yes, it was a nice thing to add by Epic, the foreshadowing of UT3 you mentioned. :) (Maybe in UT3 the Necris will simply be called "Necris" because it doesn't seem like they'll be in the Tournament as much as fighting their war, meaning they are no "team" as such. If so, these two loose guys that would better fit on that page than on NBL... but we can always move them if that happens, and then I'm still not sure if that would be for the better. Retodon8 17:56, 17 August 2007 (EDT)
UT - Necris Phayder - Leeb
There is a character called Leeb in the UT DM single leader, his bot classifications is Necris Phayder.
- "Liandri suspects Leeb to be behind Phayder operations in the Sol sector. Believed to be responsible for over 543 politically motivated killings. Terminate with extreme prejudice."
- should i add it to this page??? or somewhere else? (dunno much about Necris).
--Pwyzpk 07:04, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
- Since he has his own background story, I say he should be added. Gopher it! :) Retodon8 09:11, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
but no information show that he is in this team from the description... i'm not sure if add or not. any suggestion? (where is better to add this character? or just here?)--Pwyzpk 10:12, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
- It mentions he was behind Phayder operations, and since the Phayder sent the Black Legion as well... I suppose it makes sense, although that doesn't necessarily mean he's part of the team of course. Actually generally teams have 8 members, and he'd be the 9th, but... it wouldn't make sense to create a new article just for one bot either. Maybe just add a "Notes: May not be part of Black Legion" or something like that. Retodon8 11:01, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
Another Kragoth and another Visse
Kragoth and Visse both appear in the single player ladder, sporting different biographies than their team counterparts. They use the same skins, but the SP characters have slightly different info, like a favorite weapon, and where they appear in the SP ladder. Should I put the biographies under the Other Characters heading under the same names? ---Angelofdeath 16:20, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
you mean they are not the Kragoth and Visse in Necris Black Legion? aren't they the same?? if they are not the same we better not add anything. it causes confusion--Pwyzpk 23:38, 30 August 2007 (EDT)
- It seems unlikely they're different characters story-wise. Because of that I say the additional info should be added to what's already there in the team section. (I'm assuming the different descriptions don't actually clash.) Retodon8 20:05, 31 August 2007 (EDT)
Should I put the unlock code for Alanna in the article? It's all over the internet anyway. Is there a policy for this sort of thing? jamesmarshall 20:23, 28 August 2008 (EDT)
- As the unlock code for Ariel is given on the Iron Guard page, I assume it's ok to add the unlock code for Alanna, so I have. jamesmarshall 21:12, 28 August 2008 (EDT)