- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
From Liandri Archives
- Nobody has an opinion on this? I guess I'll just rename/move it in the near future then... Retodon8 04:30, 17 December 2007 (EST)
GreatEmerald, you just added a section called "Sea creatures", but it contains incorrect information. (First of all, I didn't finish U2 yet, but I recently restarted the game to do just that.) Anyway...
- Killer Sprout is an animal, bacteria, parasite, who-knows, or maybe simply some kind of internal organ of the creature living on/in Acheron. (Did that ever get named?)
- Parata is from Hell. It isn't a water creature, it's more like a slug.
- Pinwheel Fish is from Severnaya, found in the lake there.
I haven't encountered the other creatures you mention (Ugly Fish, Bellow Fish, Diver, Killer Tadpole, School Fish), but I think they might be from another planet than whatever planet the Shian live on, but like I said, still playing the game. I think they might be better of in their own article, either something like "Cut Unreal 2 animals", or "Shian Homeworld" or something like that.
I figured the planet all the animals (in U2) live on would be a good place to describe them. I already wrote about the Allerian Ice Shark, which redirects to the "Fauna" section on the Alleria article, where the actual info is. The redirect page makes it possible to show the animal on Category:Animals. I did the same for the Rammer and Seagoat from Sanctuary.
I listed all the above as well as the other animals in a text file on my desktop, and plan on adding them as well. Mukhogg and Parata from Hell, Hummer (and Snipe?) from Na Koja Abad, Killer Sprout and flying eel-like creature from Acheron (the latter is a particle effect I think, will look into it), Pinwheel Fish (2 variants/skins?), Flying Snake, and swimming eel-like creature (particles again?) from Severnaya.
Then there are: Cyprid, Skink (no skin?), Snipe, and Water Dipper (probably just a plant with animations which is why it isn't a static mesh), which I haven't encountered in the actual game yet, so no idea what planet they're from, or were supposed to be from if cut. Retodon8 16:23, 23 March 2008 (EDT)
- Yeap, you're probably right. Didn't see those before and they look like living in sea. Parata doesn't look like that though... And didn't check Severnaya's lake (you can get there without being killed? Wow). Skink has no skin, but it's not used all right. Lizard. I've seen the water dipper somewhere, I think. Snipe is in Na Koja Abad. Forgot what's Cyprid. Good point on redirecting, it should be listed. --GreatEmerald 17:50, 23 March 2008 (EDT)
- The Parata is the slug-like creature, and it does look like the image you posted. Maybe you're confusing it with the Mukhogg, which is the bulky, sleepy animal which reminds me of a dog or a bull for some reason. Actually I'm not sure what you meant with "it doesn't look like that".
- I don't have U2 installed yet on my new system, so maybe I'm mixing things up. With "the lake" I was referring to the body of water in the Waterfront mission, which I think takes place on Severnaya. Maybe I'm mistaken. Either way, you can easily swim out in the Waterfront mission, and you'll find the Pinwheel Fish (I like that design) and "eel" underwater there.
- I added a question mark to Snipe, because although in UnrealEd I saw some animation where it interacts with (read: eats) the Hummer (forgot to mention that one), I didn't see it in the NKA map(s) with UnrealEd. Retodon8 22:20, 23 March 2008 (EDT)
- Of course it looks like that, I took it from UEd :D And yes, I mean that Parata doesn't quite look like a creature living underwater. And the Killer Tadpole doesn't fit in that company as well - if it's stationary, Shian can't summon them. And yes, I know the lake in Severnaya, but when you're at the top, near the entrance to the dam, the lake looks very, VERY dangerous as it is a long way down ;) And knowing that XMP doesn't even have a WaterZone actor (lakes kill you instead...), I didn't even try to get there :) And Snipes are really in Na Koja Abad, you can see them hiding under the "trees", and there is a scene when one eats a hummer. That map is somewhat hard to maneuver so I got lost sever times and got to see those two killing each other :) Also, in some crates there you can see a collection of Izanagi's dead Snipes (Bloody Snipe). --GreatEmerald 05:24, 25 March 2008 (EDT)