An experimental orbital nuclear reactor; abandoned after funding for the project dried up. High radiation levels and waste leakage offer an environmental challenge for Tournament combatants.
Unreal Tournament map description
Screenshot of Niven Experimental Lab
A simple map which can hold up to 4 players, 2 on each team. The map consists on two bases connected to the central area with ?-shaped passages, each holding a Shock Rifle. Each side of the central area and both bases has different weapon/item placement.
The central area is composed by a big reactor which cannot be entered into, but players can swim into the coolant below it. There are also two ramps, one per side, leading to some ledges ending in wach side of the base.
The asymmetrical weapon/item design, not to mention the infamous corridors to the flag, guaranteed that the map wouldn't be popular.
Weapons & Pickups
Tips & tricks
- Improve your shock combo skills. You'll need to use them. A lot.
- Get a lot of health and all the armor you can pick before entering the base. Remember that the enemy base has only one entrance and only one exit.
- While escaping with the flag, try to get the armor and impact-jump your way to the top. It's the fastest route.
- Another alternative is to go to the ramp, without getting nothing, and avoiding the enemy fire. Be prepared, though, if they can get in your way by translocating.
- By all means, except before entering to the enemy base for their flag, avoid the coolant pool like the plague.
- On defense, stay near the Shock Rifle, but far from the doors.
- The PS2 version of the map uses the track Firebr and lacks the underwater part.
Unreal Tournament (PS2)
CTF-Beatitude, CTF-Command, CTF-Coret, CTF-CybrosisII, CTF-Darji16, CTF-Dreary, CTF-EpicBoy, CTF-EternalCave, CTF-Face, CTF-Face-SE, CTF-FaceII, CTF-Gauntlet, CTF-HallOfGiants, CTF-High, CTF-Hydro16, CTF-Kosov, CTF-LavaGiant, CTF-Niven, CTF-November, CTF-Noxion16, CTF-Nucleus, CTF-Orbital, CTF-Phalanx, CTF-Ratchet, CTF-Sepulchre, CTF-Spirito, CTF-StormFront, CTF-Sundial, CTF-Tutorial