- Unreal: RTNP
- Unreal II
- Unreal Tournament
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2
From Liandri Archives
Seismic tremors and eons of erosion forged this battlefield. Adara Canyon is nature at its most awe-inspiring. But don't let the beauty fool you. Long drops claim lives and the corridor-like nature of the canyon makes AVRiL avoidance somewhat difficult.
|Full title||Adara Canyon|
|Author(s)||Sjoerd 'Hourences' De Jong|
Adara is a relatively symmetrical map set in a long, deep canyon. Each power core is located at opposite corners: the Red Core is located in the Northeast corner of the map, while the Blue one is located in the Southwest corner.
The map contains seven power nodes:
- Node 1 is the Red Prime Node, located at the south of the Red Base.
- Node 2 is the Blue Prime Node, located at the north of the Blue Base.
- Node 3 is the South Node, located southwest of the Center Node, almost near the Blue Support node.
- Node 4 is the North Node, located northeast of the Center Node, almost near the Red Support node.
- Node 5 is the Blue Support Node, located northeast outside the Blue Base.
- Node 6 is the Center Node, located at the very center of the map.
- Node 7 is the Red Support Node, located southwest outside the Red Base.
Both Prime nodes are located at the top of two platforms, near a waterfall. It's possible to access these nodes on foot by way of strategically-located jumpers or by passing through strategically located caves, if coming from the middle nodes. These caves' entrances are located near the North and South nodes, and end in the Blue and Red Prime nodes respectively.
There are two nodes near both bases, called "Support nodes", located near each team's base. Unlike Unreal Tournament 3's Warfare mode, these nodes are only connected to the Power Core, but have the only functions of providing each team an edge and a secondary place to spawn. Support nodes are rare among maps and link setups, yet in this map the three link setups feature this node. In this case, the teams gain access to the Paladin tank and a Manta.
Finally, there's the Central Node. This node is located at the second level of another platform, surrounded by tech and bridges. The highest bridge in this area holds a Redeemer. Also, the area itself houses two Energy turrets, a Hellbender and a pair of Mantas.
There are also various boost ramps for certain vehicles.
- Default: Each Core is connected to the respective Prime and Support nodes. Both Prime nodes are connected to the North, Center and South nodes.
- Alternate: Same as Default, except that the Blue Prime is connected to the South and Center nodes, while the Red Prime is connected to the North and Center nodes. South and North are also connected to the Center Node. In this Setup, the Center Node becomes a bottleneck.
- Alternate 2: Same as Default, except that both Primes are only connected to the North and South Nodes. In addition, the North and South Nodes are connected to the Central Node, giving it somewhat of a "wildcard support" status.
Weapons & Pickups
|Mine Layer||One per base, with 1xAmmo near.|
|Shock Rifle||8, one per Weapon Locker, four in both bases (two each), two at the Support nodes (1 each) one at the North node and one near the South node.|
|Link Gun||12, one per Weapon Locker.|
|Flak Cannon||8, one per Weapon Locker, four in both bases (two each), two at the Support nodes (1 each) one at the North node and one near the South node.|
|Grenade Launcher||One per base, with 1xAmmo near.|
|Rocket Launcher||4, one per Weapon Locker, in both Prime nodes and both at the Center node.|
|AVRiL||12, one per Weapon Locker.|
|Lightning Gun||8, one per Weapon Locker, four in both bases (two each), two at each Prime node (one each) and two in both Lockers in the Center node.|
|Redeemer||On the top of the bridge.|
|Health Pack||2xRed Prime, 1xRed Support, 1xNorth Node, 2xCenter, 1xSouth Node, 1xBlue Support, 2xBlue Prime.|
|Manta||One at each Base, one at each Support node and 2 at the Center node.|
|Scorpion||One at each Base, one at each Prime node, one in the North node, one in the South node.|
|Hellbender||One at the North, South and Center power nodes.|
|Goliath||One at each Prime node.|
|Raptor||One at each Prime node, on a higher platform.|
|Paladin||One at each Support node.|
|SPMA||One at each base.|
|Cicada||One at each base.|
|Energy Turret||Two at each base, and 1 near the Prime nodes.|
Tips & tricks
Link setup-specific strategy
- Alternate 2: