Once an endless field of obsidian left behind by the volcanic activity of a young planet, now a cold and desolate wasteland of permafrost and broken stone.
Screenshot of BiFrost Bases
Bifrost Bases consists of, as the name suggests, two bases parallel to each other. The bases have two entries, firstly, the front corridors that go from directly inside, to a long, winding path to the goal hoops. Secondly, is the ceiling entrances, which one can access by throwing the Translocator to the ceiling of the base from outside.
The outside middle region consists of small snowy hills, with the ball spawning in the center of an icy plain. There are many valley - like regions to the far right (from the blue base) of the ball. The walls of these valleys provide excellent sniping positions when one is to find the Lightning Gun.
This map is the second map in the Bombing Run single player ladder.
Weapons & Pickups
Tips & tricks
- This map also appears on Unreal Championship as BR-Endagra.
- Checker did the bases, while Dave Ewing did the central outer area.
- In Championship and the eariler betas of 2003, the bases had glass windows on the top. These windows were deleted for the retail PC games.
- The map had a different intro text in the 2003 betas and Championship, as BR-Endagra:
What was once an endless field of obsidian left behind by the volcanic activity of a young planet has become a cold and desolate wasteland of permafrost and broken stone.
BR-Endagra/Bifrost. Bombingrun! A very fun gametype that was perfected in UT2004 when passing was fixed / done right. I designed the bases to be hard to enter. With short cuts for attacker without the bomb, to soften the defenders from behind. Scoring requires team work and a good aim. In the PC version the glass was removed out of the big dome, making the map rather easy to score on instead of hard. The outside was designed by Dave Ewing. It was a fun collaboration.
I was responsible for half of the layout / meshing / lighting and all the bug fixing.
- Winning this match in the UT2004 BR Ladder unlocks the Assault ladder.